DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
For the purposes of this document, ‘we’ or ‘the firm’ means the Dron & Wright with the partners, staff and interns carrying out functions of the business.
We are the data controller (contact details below). This means we are responsible for deciding how your personal data is processed by us, and for what purposes.
3. How do we process personal data?
Dron & Wright complies with its obligations under the GDPR by:-
• keeping personal data up to date;
• by storing and destroying it securely;
• by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
• by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
• by not providing personal data to third parties, except where there is specific authorisation to do so;
• by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:-
a) To maintain our own accounts and records;
b) To comply with our legal obligations to maintain records;
c) To manage our employees and contractors;
d) To manage relationships with clients, tenants and suppliers.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
In processing personal data we rely on the following legal bases:-
• Explicit consent of the data subject;
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing is carried out by us as a partnership.
5. Sharing personal data
Personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other staff members in order to operate the business. We will only share personal data with third parties outside of the firm with the data subject’s consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data as long as is necessary for contractual, legal and regulatory reasons.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Dron & Wright holds about you;
• The right to request that Dron & Wright corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Dron & Wright to retain such data;
• Where your consent is the legal basis for processing your data, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• Where legally applicable, the right to request that the we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• Where legally applicable, the right to object to the processing of personal data;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the HR Manager, Dron & Wright, 18 St Swithins Lane, London EC4N 8AD, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.